03 Nov Mechanical Building Systems Engineer
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full time, in our office of Montreal, Laval or Longueuil
- Manage teams of technicians, designers and engineers and coordinate the work of the various internal and external experts as part of mechanical design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Perform technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of mechanical building systems for various projects
- Ensure client’s satisfaction throughout the project
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt mechanical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conducts various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Do interdisciplinary coordination with external professionals
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in mechanical
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (specializing in Building systems) or in Building Engineering and member of OIQ
- Minimum of eight (8) of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong customer service skills
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to mechanical building systems
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in English
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Reimbursement of professional dues
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.