22 Jan Electrical Engineer, Power System
Hybrid position- Multiple locations to choose from: Laval, Montreal, Longueuil, Sherbrooke, Ottawa, Quebec City, Chicoutimi
Are you enthusiastic about power electricity and eager for new challenges? Come aboard our dynamic BPA team and play a key role in significant projects across industrial and public sectors. Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference.
At BPA you’II get the opportunity to:
- Work as part of a team on medium and high-voltage design and engineering projects for various sectors (data center, institutional, commercial, transportation, green energy, etc.).
- Carry out technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of various power electricity projects, particularly in control, protection and automation of electrical installations.
- Establish contact with customers to understand their needs
- Conduct surveys of existing installations and gather information on problem areas
- Carry out studies related to electrical networks (short-circuit calculations, protection coordination, harmonic analysis, arc flash calculations)
- Develop, monitor and manage cost estimates and work schedules
- Write or approve technical specifications and reports
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Learn, share your expertise and collaborate with seasoned experts
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Leadership, good communication skills and team player
A career at BPA means :
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT. We take pride in our commitment to training and nurturing our collaborators, enabling them to not only excel but also stand among the foremost professionals of the industry.
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM) and other market-leading software solutions for electrical systems such as ETAP, EASYPOWER, ARCPRO, CYME and SKM.
- Social activities and employee discounts
- Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process. For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.