22 Feb Electrical Building Systems Technician
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities :
- Coordinate, verify and design Electrical building systems for various projects for different sectors (institutionnal, office, commercial, cultural and residential)
- Help carry out surveys of existing conditions, draw up plans using AutoCAD and REVIT, and write specifications
- Help prepare budget estimates
- Work cloesely with the project team to develop solutions tailored to client needs
- Provide assistance in regards to site supervision
- Perform other related tasks including admninistrative tasks
Your profile :
- Diploma in electrical engineering technology.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in Consulting Engineering or any other related field
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT
- Highly proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Proficient in French, an asset
- Flexible, can work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
A career at BPA means:
- Contributing to various tangible projects through a variety of tasks
- A structured mentoring program
- A rewarding experience that could lead to a career path
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5 hour work week, with flexible hours
- Competitive pay
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM) and other market-leading software solutions for electrical systems such as ETAP, EASYPOWER, ARCPRO, CYME and SKM.
- Social activities
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.