01 Jan Electrical Building Systems Engineer
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full-time, in our Gatineau or Ottawa office
- Oversee, coordinate, review and design various electrical engineering projects
- Work as part of a team on medium- and low-voltage design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Establish contact with clients to better understand their needs
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conduct various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical distribution calculations and coordinate with Hydro-Québec for new distribution, as needed
- Evaluate electrical construction costs
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- 5 years of experience in engineering consulting
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
- Leadership and excellent customer service
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in French
- Asset – Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering completed or in progress
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Reimbursement of professional dues
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.