01 Jan Electrical Building Systems Engineer
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Your main responsibilities
- Oversee, coordinate, review and design various electrical engineering projects
- Work as part of a team on medium- and low-voltage design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Establish contact with clients to better understand their needs
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conduct various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical distribution calculations and coordinate with Hydro-Québec for new distribution, as needed
- Evaluate electrical construction costs
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- 5 years of experience in engineering consulting
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
- Leadership and excellent customer service
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in French
- Asset – Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering completed or in progress
A career at BPA means:
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Reimbursement of professional dues
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.