22 Jan Electrical Building Systems Engineer
TMP, now part of BPA, is a mechanical building services consulting engineering company. Their mechanical systems design services include construction documentation production, contract administration and field review for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, plumbing, fire protection, and building management systems.
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
We’re looking to expend our service in the greather Tonroto area by adding the electrical building services as we’re looking for electrical Technologist and Engineer
Location: The position is available in Ottawa and Toronto
Your main responsibilities :
- Technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of various electrical systems projects
- Work closely with engineers and technicians to develop solutions tailored to client needs and carry out building electrical projects for various sectors (institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential)
- Connect with with cients to understand their needs
- Survey existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt building related installations
- Draft pre-project studies and various type of clients reports
- Draft technical reports
- Assess the construction cost budget
- Write secifications and technical reports
- Interdisciplinary coordination with external professionals
- Provide Assistance in regards to site supervision
- Perform other related tasks, including administrative tasks
Your profile :
- Diploma in electrical engineering
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in Consulting Engineering or any other related field
- Highly proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Proficient in French, an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT
- Flexible, can work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
A career at BPA means:
- Contributing to various tangible projects through a variety of tasks
- A structured mentoring program
- A rewarding experience that could lead to a career path
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5 hour work week, with flexible hours
- Competitive pay
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM) and other market-leading software solutions for electrical systems such as ETAP, EASYPOWER, ARCPRO, CYME and SKM.
- Social activities
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.