06 Sep Electrical Building Systems Engineer
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Hybrid. Several locations available, including : Sainte-Thérèse, Laval, Montreal, Longueuil, Quebec City, Lévis, Chicoutimi, Joliette, Sherbrooke, Gatineau, Ottawa
Your main responsibilities
- Oversee, coordinate, review and design various electrical engineering projects
- Work as part of a team on medium- and low-voltage design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Establish contact with clients to better understand their needs
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conduct various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical distribution calculations and coordinate with Hydro-Québec for new distribution, as needed
- Evaluate electrical construction costs
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- At leat 3 to 5 years of experience in engineering consulting
- Knowledge of Hydro-Québec’s standards, an asset
- Knowledge of Hydro-Québec’s distribution system, transportation and power station, an asset
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
- Leadership and excellent customer service
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in English
- Asset – Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering completed or in progress
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.