04 Aug Electrical Building Systems Engineer
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full-time, in Edmonton
- Perform technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of electrical building systems for various projects. Electrical systems include: power distribution systems; emergency power generation; lighting systems and lighting controls; fire alarm systems; and electrical infrastructure to meet architectural, mechanical, telecommunications and security requirements
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Conduct various assessments: building condition, preliminary evaluations, energy usage, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical connection calculations and coordinate with the various utility providers (Hydro, Telecom) for new connections where required.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports.
- Evaluate electrical construction costs
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Assist with onsite construction surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered as an Engineer with APEGA
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in electrical building systems.
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to electrical building systems.
- Knowledge of Hydro Ottawa, Hydro-Québec, & Hydro One standards an asset.
- Experience / knowledge in distribution, transmission, substation and Utility power plant design an asset.
- Skilled communicator.
- Asset – Proficient in English & French, both spoken and written.
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.