04 Aug Electrical Building Systems Engineer
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Perform technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of electrical building systems for various projects. Electrical systems include: power distribution systems; emergency power generation; lighting systems and lighting controls; fire alarm systems; and electrical infrastructure to meet architectural, mechanical, telecommunications and security requirements
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Conduct various assessments: building condition, preliminary evaluations, energy usage, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical connection calculations and coordinate with the various utility providers (Hydro, Telecom) for new connections where required.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports.
- Evaluate electrical construction costs
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Assist with onsite construction surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered as an Engineer with APEGA
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in electrical building systems.
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to electrical building systems.
- Knowledge of Hydro Ottawa, Hydro-Québec, & Hydro One standards an asset.
- Experience / knowledge in distribution, transmission, substation and Utility power plant design an asset.
- Skilled communicator.
- Asset – Proficient in English & French, both spoken and written.
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.