05 Jul Talent Senior Advisor
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Hybrid position from one of our 16 sites in Ottawa, Greater Montreal, Quebec City or Sherbrooke.
Your main responsibilities
- Support internal clients assigned in talent acquisition: develop, plan and deploy recruitment activities in their entirety as well as innovative strategies to find the best candidates, actively or not in job search in order to attract the best talents
- Asses candidates to ensure they meet job requirements, including through telephone and in-person interviews, skills testing and references
- Coordinate interviews with line managers and team members, ensuring that each candidate receives the best candidate experience
- Proactively seek candidates, identify potential candidates on various platforms and develop a bank of potential candidates for our critical and recurring positions (pipeline).
- Manage, coordinate and participate in recruitment activities (career days, job fairs) to increase BPA’s visibility
- Maintain up-to-date KPIs related to talent acquisition and present the results by providing explanations and recommendations
- Use internal and external data sources to identify market trends and recruitment best practices
- Actively collaborate on various initiatives related to Talent and the employer brand
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, industrial relations or related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in recruitment, with specific experience in the recruitment of key positions
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written*
- Posses in-depth knowledge of recruitment strategies and tools, such as online job boards, social networks, recruitment events, skilss tests, etc., as well as knowing different head hunting methods and tools to identify, approach and recruit high-level talent
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to manage applications
- Customer and results orientation, advisory role, creativity and proactivity in the search for solutions
- Ability to work independently and in a team, with high level of initiative and responsability
- Experience acquired in a professional services company (asset)
- Member the Order of CRHA (asset)
- Occasional travel to our various offices across Canada by car, plane or train
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy (2-3 days on site per week)
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Administration, Human Resources|