20 Oct Structural Engineer
Cleland Jardine Engineering, now part of BPA, is a consulting engineering firm specializing in the structural investigation, analysis, design and construction review of new buildings, and their components, as well as, the rehabilitation and renovation of existing buildings across Canada.
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
This position is responsible for, both directly and through the Team Leader the provision of services to clients. As such, the incumbent requires the technical experience to complete large- and small-scale projects under the direct supervision of a Team Lead. The incumbent will be responsible to work in cooperation with other level Engineers, field personnel, and technicians. Work will be supervised, with the amount of supervision being based on complexity of the proposed project or client requirements.
- Project design Engineer working in cooperation with Team Lead or project selected Project Manager, Engineering, and technical staff to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Assist the Senior Engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data, and adherence to design, analysis, and computation methods.
- Make project decisions based on normally established guidelines.
- Devise practical and economical solutions to project problems in cooperation with senior staff members.
- Give technical guidance to Junior Engineers or technicians assigned to work on a common project.
- Assist Senior Engineers in selected courses of action necessary to expedite the successful completion of assigned projects.
Client Service Delivery
- Deliver services on a portfolio of client engagements.
- Maintain expected level of client service delivery quality on projects.
- Follow departmental processes on all engagements to successfully deliver to the client and achieve targeted project profitability.
- Perform tasks necessary to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and client requests.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Responsible for receiving requests for proposals. Work cooperatively with Department Manager to prepare when required.
Your profile :
- Completed undergraduate degree in Structural (Civil) Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Licensed Engineer under the Terms and Conditions of the PEO
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the design/engineering/construction of full buildings and their components. Experience (and/or training) to include work in multistory construction and projects utilizing structural steel, cast-in-place concrete (flat slab & wall), and wood
- Extensive knowledge of structural engineering processes and technical concepts including all applicable building codes and standards
- Bilingual (French and English) will be considered an asset
- Possesses a strong balance of technical & interpersonal skills and ability to deliver projects on time to the satisfaction of the customer
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager|