12 Nov Structural Engineer
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full time, in our office of Montreal or Longueuil office
- Coordinate, verify and design various structural engineering projects.
- Work as part of a team to carry out building structure projects for different sectors (institutional, administrative, commercial, cultural, and residential).
- Act as main point of contact and ensure client satisfaction throughout the projects.
- Conduct surveys of existing installations.
- Analyze, design, and adapt building structures.
- Perform dilapidation and pre-project surveys, feasibility studies and various surveys in the field of structural engineering.
- Coordinate interdisciplinary work with external professionals.
- Evaluate the budget of structural construction costs.
- Draft specifications and technical reports.
- Aid in the supervision of the work.
- Contribute to the growth of structural engineering services for new and existing clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in building, civil, or structural engineering
- Asset – Master’s degree in structure in progress or completed
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Five (5) years of experience in consulting engineering
- Interest in working on large-scale projects in both the public and private sectors
- Good knowledge of calculation and analysis software (ADA, SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE, etc.)
- Versatile, autonomous, great communicator and team player
- Leadership and excellent customer service skills
- Mastery of building codes applicable to structural engineering
- Fluent in French, both oral and written
- Asset – proficient in English
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Reimbursement of professional dues
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.