24 May Structural Engineer – Project Lead (Cleland Jardine Engineering)
Cleland Jardine Engineering, now part of BPA, is a consulting engineering firm specializing in the structural investigation, analysis, design and construction review of new buildings, and their components, as well as, the rehabilitation and renovation of existing buildings across Canada.
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
This position is responsible for, both directly and through the Team Leader the provision of services to clients with a focus on both engineering and the management of projects. As such, the incumbent requires the proven technical and management expertise to independently complete and certify any scale of project, work in cooperation with other level engineers, field personnel, and technicians, and work in cooperation with the Team Leader.
- Serve as Senior Design Engineer and Project Manager across multiple projects. Work cooperatively with the Team Lead to coordinate project delivery schedules, milestones, and staff workloads. Ensure delivery objectives are met and assist Team Lead with billing
- Perform the structural analysis and design of building members in accordance with the applicable Building Codes and Standards, utilizing hand calculation techniques and Computer Design Software including (but not limited to): SAFE, ETABS, SCONC, EXCEL, SP-SLAB, Woodworks, and more
- Perform on-site investigations as required to confirm existing site conditions and to perform associated project analysis and design functions
- Perform on-site field reviews of construction/renovation/rehabilitation projects to assess constructed element conformance, including the preparation of any associated field review reports, site instructions, change orders, progress draw approvals, and letters of certification
- Work in cooperation with Field Personnel performing on-site field reviews of construction/renovation/rehabilitation projects to assess constructed element conformance. Assist as required in the preparation of any associated field review reports, site instructions, change orders, progress draw approvals, and letters of certification
- Prepare clear and concise structural engineering reports and studies for clients and managers. Preparation of reports includes proper formatting and layouts in accordance with Departmental standards
Your profile :
- Undergraduate degree in Structural (Civil) Engineering
- Licensed Engineer under the Terms and Conditions of the PEO
- More than 8 years of relevant experience in the design/engineering of full buildings and their components, utilizing structural steel, cast-in-place concrete (flat slab & wall), and wood
- Extensive knowledge of structural engineering processes and technical concepts including all applicable building codes and standards
- Bilingual (French and English) will be considered an asset
- Strong project management & interpersonal skills and ability to deliver projects on time to the satisfaction of the customer
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager|