03 Jan Structural Construction Administrator
Cleland Jardine Engineering, now part of BPA, is a consulting engineering firm specializing in the structural investigation, analysis, design and construction review of new buildings, and their components, as well as, the rehabilitation and renovation of existing buildings across Canada.
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
The incumbent requires the technical expertise to perform supervised Field Services required for the construction of large- and small-scale projects. The individual will be responsible to work in cooperation with other level Engineers, field personnel, and technicians.
- Assist in the performance of structural assessments of fundamental building members in accordance with the applicable Building Codes and Standards.
- Assist Engineering and Field staff in the performance of the analysis and design of fundamental structural elements of a variety of materials including concrete, steel, masonry, light-gage metal, wood, and pre-cast.
- Supervised preparation of accurate structural drawings and sketches utilizing hand drafting techniques, and/or, CAD drafting software (AutoCAD, REVIT Structures).
- Work in cooperation with CAD operators, utilizing drafting software, to develop accurate project structural drawings and sketches.
- Attendance at regular Departmental and Project Meetings with Senior Staff and Managers.
- Assist in the performance of on-site investigations as required to confirm existing site conditions.
- Supervised performance of on-site field reviews of construction/renovation/rehabilitation projects to assess constructed element conformance, including the assistance in the preparation of any associated field review reports, site instructions, change orders, progress draw approvals, and letters of certification.
- Prepare clear and concise reports and studies for clients and managers. Preparation of reports includes proper formatting and layouts in accordance with Departmental standards.
- Supervised review of construction documentation including change orders, progress draws, submissions, shop drawings, and consultant reports. Including reviews for accuracy of work completed on site.
- Assist in the review and summarizing of project reports prepared by other consultants as required obtain applicable project information.
- Participate in regular skills training and professional development including attendance at seminars and courses.
- Regularly review all material and building codes and standards (including all updates) to ensure accuracy of knowledge of construction methodologies, techniques, and requirements.
- Regularly review all Human Resource documentation in a timely manner.
- Regularly review the Corporate Health and Safety Policy as well as all supplement policies.
Your profile :
- Undergraduate degree in Structural (Civil) Engineering, or a undergratuate diploma in Civil or Architectural Technology as well as a diploma in Construction Engineering Technician.
- Licensed Engineer-In-Training under the Terms and Conditions of the PEO (if applicable) or CET program for Licensing.
- Less than four (4) years of experience in the on-site review, construction administration, and construction of full buildings and their components. Experience (and/or training) to include work in multistory construction and projects utilizing structural steel, cast-in-place concrete (flat slab & wall), and wood.
- Possesses a balance of technical and people skills.
- Basic ability to read, interpret, and develop design drawings and sketches.
- Understanding of construction projects including the preparation of construction documents, tender processes, and field documentation.
- Strong commitment to professional and customer service excellence.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional organizational skills (e.g. can coordinate diverse set of resources for multiple clients).
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of site surveying.
- Bilingual (French and English) will be considered an asset
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|EIT, Site Supervisor, Technician/Technologist