01 Sep Building Systems Site Supervisor
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full time, in our Montreal or Longueuil office
The main role of the Site Supervisor is to ensure that the electromechanical building work is carried out in accordance with the technical and administrative requirements. Clients and contractors involved with the Service during the construction of BPA recognize our professionalism, our management skills and our technical knowledge on all our projects, which built our reputation.
- Monitor the execution of construction work on site and write reports
- Organize or participate in site meetings
- Validate shop drawings in collaboration with the mechanical and electrical design teams
- Contribute to the resolution of technical problems and provide expertise relating to the interpretation of plans and specifications
- Analyze payment requests
- Prepare and monitor the lists of deficiencies
- Analyze and negotiate change prices with contractors
- Follow up on start-ups and commissioning
- Recommend acceptance of works in collaboration with design teams
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in an engineering consulting firm or in project management with a general or specialized contractor
- Fluent in French, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of the following Office suite software: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Versatility, autonomy, ease of communication and good negotiation skills
- Skills in report writing and multidisciplinary teamwork
- ASP Construction card, valid driver’s license and access to a car
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.
|Job Category||EIT, Engineer, Site Supervisor, Technician/Technologist|