15 Sep Security & Telecommunications Systems Project Manager
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Prepare the design development, coordination and verification of projects under your supervision (IT, telecommunications, video and access control)
- Oversee the production of plans and specifications based on approved programs and within authorized budgets and schedules.
- Manage all of the contracts required for the completion of projects while respecting the environment, health and safety, as well as cost, quality and schedule objectives, in close collaboration with the client. Ensure the overall performance of the work.
- Approve and deliver complete and precise plans and specifications according to client requirements.
- Act as representative between the various stakeholders
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Supervise, guide and train staff within the team
- Under the supervision of the Director of Telecommunications and Security, ensure the technological development of your discipline within the firm.
- Organize and coordinate the work of the engineering disciplines for your projects and validate the consistency of the plans and specifications of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ensure, develop and maintain a good relationship with clients throughout your projects.
- Take charge of problem resolution and manage client’s expectations to ensure their satisfaction.
- Take surveys of existing installations.
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems.
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones.
- Establish requirements for resources and budgets, cost estimates and scheduling.
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in telecommunications and security.
- Assist in onsite work surveillance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (specializing in Telecommunications or Building Systems) or College degree in equivalent field.
- Member of OIQ and/or PEO (or Ordre des technologues professionnels / Certified Engineering Technologist)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong client service skills
- English, spoken and written
- French an asset
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager, Technician/Technologist|