01 Jan Security & Telecommunications Systems Project Manager
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full-time, in our Gatineau or Ottawa office
- Prepare the design development, coordination and verification of projects under your supervision (IT, telecommunications, video and access control)
- Oversee the production of plans and specifications based on approved programs and within authorized budgets and schedules.
- Manage all of the contracts required for the completion of projects while respecting the environment, health and safety, as well as cost, quality and schedule objectives, in close collaboration with the client. Ensure the overall performance of the work.
- Approve and deliver complete and precise plans and specifications according to client requirements.
- Act as representative between the various stakeholders
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Supervise, guide and train staff within the team
- Under the supervision of the Director of Telecommunications and Security, ensure the technological development of your discipline within the firm.
- Organize and coordinate the work of the engineering disciplines for your projects and validate the consistency of the plans and specifications of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ensure, develop and maintain a good relationship with clients throughout your projects.
- Take charge of problem resolution and manage client’s expectations to ensure their satisfaction.
- Take surveys of existing installations.
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems.
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones.
- Establish requirements for resources and budgets, cost estimates and scheduling.
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in telecommunications and security.
- Assist in onsite work surveillance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (specializing in Telecommunications or Building Systems) or College degree in equivalent field.
- Member of OIQ and/or PEO (or Ordre des technologues professionnels / Certified Engineering Technologist)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong client service skills
- English, spoken and written
- French an asset
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager, Technician/Technologist|