04 May Security & Telecommunications Systems Engineer
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Oversee, coordinate, review and design various telecommunications and security projects (telephony, telecommunications, video surveillance, access control and others)
- Work as part of a team on design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Write specifications and technical reports
- Establish contact with clients to better understand their needs
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Evaluate costs of networking installation
- Assist in onsite work surveillance for the telecommunications and security systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (specializing in Telecommunications or Building Systems)
- Member of OIQ
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong client service skills
- Proficient in French and English, both spoken and written
- Cisco CCNA Certification (or equivalent), an asset
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.