27 Jun Electrical Building Systems Project Manager
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Act as a Discipline Lead and manage the schedules and fees of assigned projects
- Prepare various types of proposals
- Manage teams of technicians, designers and engineers and coordinate the work of the various internal and external experts as part of electrical design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Perform technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of electrical building systems for various projects
- Ensure client’s satisfaction throughout the project
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conducts various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical connection calculations and coordinate with the various providers (Hydro-Québec, Bell, Vidéotron, etc.) for new connections when needed
- Do interdisciplinary coordination with external professionals
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in electricity
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (specializing in building systems) and member in good standing of the OIQ or College degree in Electrical Technology
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong customer service skills
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to electrical building systems
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in English
- Asset – Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering completed or in progress
A career at BPA means:
- Dynamic work environment in a expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager, Technician/Technologist|