01 Nov Project Controller Accounting
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Location : Laval – Hybrid
Your main responsibilities :
- Monitor a portfolio of engineering projects and work with the billing agents to ensure compliance and quality of information on file
- Organize periodic meetings with project managers to evaluate work in progress for revenue recognition purposes
- Calculate the profitability of projects based on the progress of the work and test the reasonability of the projects
- Identify projects at risk and do the necessary follow-ups with project managers (fee requests, change directives, overruns, etc.)
- Support project managers in the analysis and understanding of project financial data (training, reports, follow-ups)
- Participate in the production of reports, statistics, performance indicators and quarterly presentations to management
- Ensure the updating of billable rates in accordance with contracts and government authorities
- Propose, develop and implement strategies and control methods for projects
- Participate in procedures related to accounting closing activities as well as the audit file with the external auditors
Your profile :
- Bachelor’s degree related to accounting and business administration
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, an asset
- More than three years of relevant experience
- Bilingualism in French and English*, both oral and written. *Projects outside the province of Quebec
- Computer skills: MS Office (Excel advanced level)
- Analytical mindset, Autonomy and initiative
- Teamwork, mutual aid and communication
- Knowledge of ERP software, an asset
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A 37.5 hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Competitive total compensation
- Group insurance including an EAP and telemedicine
- Employer contribution to a retirement savings plan
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.