27 Jul Mechanical Building Systems Technologist
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full-time, in Calgary
The mechanical technologist will be primarily responsible for creating engineering designs and drawing of mechanical building systems. They will collaborate with multidisciplinary technologists and engineers on a broad range of projects in the institutional, commercial, recreational, and multi-residential sectors.
- Create and coordinate designs and drawings for mechanical building systems, including HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection and associated systems
- Prepare piping and ductwork designs and plans using AutoCAD and Revit in coordination with other building disciplines
- Follow company standards to lay out, coordinate, and size mechanical building distribution systems
- Provide input into building and system load calculations and simulations
- Prepare building energy compliance models
- Work directly with suppliers to obtain equipment selections
- Perform site surveys as required to produce as-built and record drawings
- Diploma or Certificate Program in a relevant field
- More than two years of experience in the HVAC & Plumbing industry
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledge of National Building Codes, plumbing codes, fire codes, energy codes
- Knowledge of ASHRAE, ASPE and NFPA, an asset
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
- The individual will be working remotely for our projects in Calgary
- The individual will be responsible for going to construction sites
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.