22 Sep Mechanical Building Systems Technician
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Provide the coordination, verification and design of mechanical building systems in various sectors (institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential)
- Take part in existing condition surveys, develop design plans with Revit, prepare section of specifications and cost estimates, and provide work supervision
- Work on projects relating to HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and other related and other related systems
- Design mechanical building systems
- Participate in the preparation of budget estimates
- Work closely with engineers to provide solutions tailored to clients’ needs
- Supervise junior technicians
- 1 year of relevant experience
- DEC in Building Systems Engineering Technology or DEP in Residential and Commercial Drafting
- Knowledge of Revit (an asset)
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team, good communication skills
- Highly proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Proficient in English, an asset*
- Member of the Ordre des technologues professionnels, an asset
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
English is essential given our cross-border business activities in Canada and our presence in other Canadian provinces.