22 Sep Mechanical Building Systems Project Manager
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Coordinate the activities of your designated area of responsibility throughout the lifecycle of a small or medium-scale project
- Update and communicate to stakeholders the progress of activities based on forecasts
- Provide leadership in managing health, safety and environmental issues to ensure a zero-incident culture
- Support the commitment and performance of external technical service providers
- Collaborate with project planning and scheduling teams to develop and update the project schedule
- Ensure stakeholders are respecting budget, fees and project progress
- Coordinate the mobilization and performance of technical service providers and external suppliers
- Write proposals, specifications and technical reports
- Technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of various projects
- Provide assistant in regards to site supervision
- Perform other related tasks, including administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (specializing in building systems) and member in good standing of the OIQ or College degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong customer service skills
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to mechanicsl building systems
- Proficient in English and French, both spoken and written
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager, Technician/Technologist|