13 Apr Mechanical Building Systems Project Manager
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Act as a Discipline Lead and manage the schedules and fees of assigned projects
- Prepare various types of proposals
- Manage teams of technicians, designers and engineers and coordinate the work of the various internal and external experts as part of mechanical design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Perform technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of mechanical building systems for various projects
- Ensure client’s satisfaction throughout the project
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt mechanical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conducts various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Do interdisciplinary coordination with external professionals
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in mechanical
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and member of APEGA
- At least of 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong customer service skills
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to mechanical building systems
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in French
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager|