20 Jul Electrical Building Systems Technologist
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full-time, in Calgary
The electrical technologist will work on a broad range of projects and be implicated in the design and verification of electrical building systems.
- Provide the coordination, verification, and design of electrical building systems in various sectors (institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential)
- Take part in existing condition surveys, develop design plans with AutoCAD and Revit, prepare section of specifications and cost estimates, and provide work supervision
- Work on electrical distribution systems, emergency power supply, lighting, fire alarm and other related systems
- Design electrical building systems
- Participate in the preparation of budget estimates
- Work closely with engineers to provide solutions tailored to clients’ needs.
- Supervise junior technologists
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Registered as T.T. or C.E.T. with ASET
- Five years of experience in a similar role (electrical building systems technologist)
- Site experience in the field of electrical building systems
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code and applicable building and energy codes
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Knowledge of local utility and local City standards
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
- The individual will be working remotely for our projects in Calgary
- The individual will be responsible for going to construction sites
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.