07 Dec Electrical Building Systems Designer
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full-time, in Ottawa
- Perform technical designs and coordination of various electrical engineering projects
- Work closely with the senior engineers and technicians to develop customized solutions to meet client needs and to design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt installations of electrical building systems
- Perform electrical connection calculations and coordinate with the various providers (Hydro, etc.) for new connections when needed
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in electricity
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Active member of Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (CEP or Eng.) or Professional Engineers Ontario (EIT or P.Eng.)
- Proficient in English and French, both spoken and written,
- Functional proficiency in French, an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, an asset
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.