07 Dec Electrical Building Systems Designer
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Perform technical designs and coordination of various electrical engineering projects
- Work closely with the senior engineers and technicians to develop customized solutions to meet client needs and to design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt installations of electrical building systems
- Perform electrical connection calculations and coordinate with the various providers (Hydro, etc.) for new connections when needed
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in electricity
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Active member of Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (CEP or Eng.) or Professional Engineers Ontario (EIT or P.Eng.)
- Proficient in English and French, both spoken and written,
- Functional proficiency in French, an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, an asset
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.