22 Sep Construction administrator
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsabilities
- Ensure completion of small and medium-scale projects and compliance with plans and specifications
- Help analyze shop drawings in collaboration with the design teams
- Help write site notes and notices to contractors to ensure compliance with contractual clauses
- Follow up with the contractor to annotate plans and produce plans as surveyed
- Monitor schedules and attend site meetings
- Check progress against plans and specifications
- Write an equipment list for commissioning
- Analyze and negotiate price change with contractors
- Carry out any other related tasks that may help complete the project
- Perform other related tasks, including administrative tasks
- One (1) year’s experience in a relevant field (plumbing, electrical, mechanical, tinsmithing, etc.) with a general or specialized contractor
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the following Office suite software : Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of worksite operations
- Versatility, autonomy, good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to write reports and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- ASP construction card, valid driver’s license and access to a car
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.