03 Mar Mechanical Building Systems Engineer or Technologist – Commissionning Specialist
For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Permanent and full-time, in our Laval, Montreal, Longueuil office
- Oversee the commissioning process from design phase to the end of the first operation year of the building
- Demonstrate to the owner that the functional performance of the mechanical systems is successfully obtained.
- Write the commissioning specifications
- Review the construction documents to validate that the documentation is complete, the system performance, reliability, durability, accessibility, maintenance, and operational efficiency, under all operating conditions, the protection of health, well-being, safety, and comfort of the occupants and operation and maintenance personnel are respected
- Organize commissioning meetings with the owner, the engineers, the contractor and subcontractors
- Produce the systems test procedures based on the building sequences of operation, and perform the testing and documentation on site
- Produce the commissioning issues list and follow up with the contractor
- Write the final commissioning report
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Building systems (member of OIQ) or a technical degree in Building Systems
- Five years of experience in commissioning of building systems
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
- Leadership and excellent customer service
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in English
- Asset – Experience in building controls
- Asset – Commissioning certification (ASHRAE BCxP or AEE CBCP)
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Reimbursement of professional dues
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
BPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.
|Job Category||EIT, Engineer, Technician/Technologist|