28 Mar Commissioning Project Manager
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Your main responsibilities
- Act as a Discipline Lead and manage the schedules and fees of assigned projects
- Manage teams of technicians, designers and engineers and coordinate the work of the various internal and external experts through the commissioning process, from the design phase until the end of the building’s first year of operation and demonstrate the achievement of operating and performance objectives for electromechanical systems
- Write various documents (proposals, commissioning specifications, commissioning reports, etc.)
- Analyse plans and specifications to comment on system performance, reliability, operational durability, accessibility, maintenance, operational efficiency, protection of health, well-being, security and comfort of occupants and operating and maintenance staff members
- Develop test procedures based on system operating sequences; carry out and document these tests on site
- Establish a follow-up list of non-conformities raised during the functional performance testing of the systems and transmit to the contractor.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or building engineering
- Member of PEO, member of OIQ an asset
- Related professionnal certifications (ASHRAE BCxP or AEE CBCP or BCxA CCP or acrredited EBCx agent), an asset
- More than five years of experience in building commissioning, including at least 2 years in project management
- Experience in building controls, an asset
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in English, skills in French an asset
- Versatility, autonomy, ease of communication
- Leadership and excellent customer service
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5-hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- A complete and competitive total compensation package
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A structured mentorship program
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
|Job Category||Engineer, Project Manager|