17 Nov Business Partner, Talent and culture
As part of its dynamic growth, BPA is actively seeking an experienced strategic partner as a human resources generalist. Reporting to the Director of Talent and Culture, your role will be to guide, influence and advise managers on their challenges and opportunities. You will be the strategic key to fostering the development and retention of talent within our organization.
If you truly want to shape the future of the HR function and make a significant contribution, join our team of passionate. Composed of two other business partners, a coordinator, a business analyst and supported by 5 talent attraction professionals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Influence and guide supervisors and management to implement appropriate HR strategies;
- Proactively contribute to various HR processes (performance appraisals, salary reviews, etc.);
- Provide strategic and operational HR support to supervisors and their teams for talent development and retention;
- Collaborate with the talent team, develop and implement recruitment strategies to attract top talent and actively contribute to certain positions;
- Lead and actively participate in the continuous improvement of HR processes;
- Assess legal and operational risks with a view to proposing and developing management scenarios in employment relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or industrial relations, and CHRP, CRIA or CRHA designation;
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent ability to influence and guide leaders ranging from executives to first-level managers;
- Excellent knowledge of labour laws (provincial and federal);
- Experience in a fast-growing service company through acquisitions;
- Excellent ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization in French and English;
- Ability to manage priorities, perform under pressure and multi-task;
- Strong customer service skills and results-oriented;
- Hybrid schedule with regular travel to our sites in the Greater Montreal area and occasional travel across Canada.
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A 37.5 hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Competitive total compensation
- Between 4 and 9 weeks of time off per year
- Group insurance including an EAP and telemedicine
- Employer contribution to a retirement savings plan
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- Social activities and employee discounts
BPA is a Quebec-based engineering firm specializing in building design, founded in 1956. We currently employ 800 people across 16 sites, mainly in Quebec, and are growing through an acquisition strategy. Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process. For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.