16 May Intern – Mechanical Building Systems – BAC
Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Together, we can make a greater positive impact on the world through engineering, that has the power to make a difference!
Internship planned for fall 2023
Your main responsibilities :
- Perform technical designs and coordinate various mechanical engineering projects
- Work in close collaboration with senior engineers and technicians to develop solutions tailored to client needs, as well as building systems for various sectors (institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential)
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Evaluate mechanical construction costs
- Perform all tasks related to the proper functioning of projects
Your profile :
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Engineering in progress
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Proficient in English, an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Revit, an asset
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
A career at BPA means:
- Contributing to various tangible projects through a variety of tasks
- A structured mentoring program
- A rewarding experience that could lead to a job opportunity
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- A 37.5 hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- Competitive pay
- State-of-the-art technologies (BIM)
- Social activities
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.