22 Aug Director BIM
Permanent and full-time, in our Montreal office
Strategic and technological development:
- Ensure the integration of BIM technologies and processes in the different projects, and ensure the implementation of the collaborative BIM approach among all stakeholders involved;
- Participate in the development of new practices, and coordinate the general support to offer to the various project teams;
- Ensure the consistency, quality, and integration of BIM technologies and processes within the company;
- Participate in the development of specific components of the BIM / VDC solutions in service offerings.
- Represent the company at external events and conferences related to BIM / VDC solutions.
- Ensure a technological watch and recommend the purchase of software, hardware, and applications to optimize productivity and ensure future development needs;
- Research and recommend innovative ways to use BIM / VDC data to add value and create efficiencies;
- Work with the IT services direction to identify and implement planning for software and hardware upgrades, and applications needed to improve service operations;
Management, planning and coordination:
- Supervise a team responsible for designing, developing, documenting, analyzing, creating, testing, or modifying; software, applications, and programs to increase productivity and functionality of the business;
- Effectively coordinate working groups from various directions and working in matrix mode;
- Play an active role in planning and coordinating projects to meet deadlines, and direct the process of assigning the BIM / VDC resources to these different projects while providing support to the teams;
- Oversee the planning, development, and organization of training and support offers on BIM / VDC software for all levels of users;
- Oversee the creation and update of Revit content, including standards, models, libraries and/or families specific to the project;
Budgetary and financial responsibilities:
- Establish and respect the annual budget of the BIM / VDC solutions service.
- Establish a development budget regarding the company’s strategic plan.
- Manage budgets allocated proactively and in close collaboration with management teams and accounting.
- Develop project-related design and production cost reduction solutions.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering combined with Information Technology or BIM training;
- Have experience in managing a work team;
- Have relevant experience integrating, managing, or deploying BIM technologies and processes in an organization;
- Have excellent knowledge of the principles and foundations of BIM, as well as the main technological platforms, communication protocols, and related tools and software;
- Have excellent knowledge of the codes and standards related to the field of activity;
- Demonstrate strategic vision and be long-term oriented
- Demonstrate leadership and have skills in facilitation, control, and monitoring;
- Demonstrate skills in anticipating future trends, and have a strong interest in innovation, changing practices, and technology;
- Have strong communication skills, and good ability to synthesize information;
- Demonstrate professionalism, and be customer-oriented;
- Be bilingual (French and English) both oral and written;
What we offer
- Dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- Ongoing training program within the work environment
We want to thank everyone who applies to this position. However, only those retained will be contacted.
|Job Category||Engineer, Technician|